Here’s What The (G)I-DLE Members Have Been Up To Since Their Hiatus
Earlier this year in March, (G)I-DLE's entertainment agency, Cube Entertainment, announced that a member of their K-pop girl group, Soojin, will be taking a short hiatus from promotions that involve (G)I-DLE.
This was brought up by Cube Entertainment after multiple variants of school bullying were accused towards the (G)I-DLE member. Soojin is only one of multiple cases that were brought to light earlier this year.
As a result of the bullying accusations, Cube Entertainment has decidedly placed the whole K-pop girl group at an abrupt hiatus right after their release of their 4th mini-album entitled "I Burn."
Netizens and fans of (G)I-DLE were decidedly shocked at Cube Entertainment's decision yet understood the main reason. Bullying is a very serious offense in South Korea after all, as per the reactions of netizens who heard about the accusations.
Since their hiatus, here is what each (G)I-DLE member has been up to lately:
2. Miyeon - (G)I-DLE's Miyeon has been promoting as a DJ, dabbling in acting, and is currently an MC of the music show, "M Countdown". She also was featured in BTOB's performance in the 3rd round of Mnet's "Kingdom: Legendary War."
3. Minnie - (G)I-DLE's Minnie returned to her home in Thailand. She is also patiently waiting for the premiere of her Netflix sitcom entitled "So Not Worth It."
4. Soojin - Taking a temporary hiatus to reflect on multiple school bullying accusations.
5. Yuqi - (G)I-DLE's Yuqi has been promoting in China via variety programs and multiple other activities for her solo releases.
6. Shuhua - Since their hiatus, (G)I-DLE's Shuhua decidedly went back home to Taiwan.
Moreover, Neverlands (the fandom name of (G)I-DLE) were downtrodden as Cube Entertainment's K-pop girl group were not able to celebrate their 3rd debut anniversary (2nd of May) together properly since the girls have had conflicting schedules.