EDITION : English/Korean

Nav
Updated

STAYs Go Wild As Stray Kids Crowned As Kings In Mnet’s ‘Kingdom’ Finale!

by Victoria Marian Belmis / Jun 04, 2021 06:35 AM EDT
Stray Kids

The 3rd of June was a very special day as  Mnet's "Kingdom: Legendary War" broadcasted its long-awaited live finale. In the finale, Stray Kids, THE BOYZ, SF9, iKON, BTOB, and ATEEZ went on to flex their new songs and performances and fans went ballistic.

The final winner of Mnet's "Kingdom" was noted using a combination of the following values: the groups' total scores from the three prior rounds of the competition.

The results of the live voting during the Mnet's "Kingdom" finale, and lastly, the virtual performance of the K-pop boy groups' latest songs.

Previously on the 28th of May, the six K-pop group performers dropped their brand-new tracks. The amount of views and downloads received by the new songs for four days straight went on to count towards the K-pop boy group's digital score.

Mnet's "Kingdom" finale of the whole competition was notably amounting to a combined total points of 50,000 points. Moreover, 40% of which was relying on the digital performance of the six new tracks and the other 60% solely relied on the votes that were acquired in the finale.

Additionally, the rankings were based on the K-pop boy groups' digital scores, which is not the total overall rankings. The finale's ranking in order are as follows: THE BOYZ ranking #1, Stray Kids ranking #2, BTOB ranking 3rd, ATEEZ placed in 4th, iKON taking #5, and SF9 going in #6.

Beyond the regular performances, the six K-pop boy groups also performed a special collaboration track. 

The participants being Stray Kids' Seungmin, ATEEZ's Jongho, THE BOYZ's Hyunjae, BTOB's Eunkwang, iKON's Donghyuk, and SF9's Inseong. The vocalists of each K-pop boy group sang the new track entitled "A Boy's Diary."

Right after the boombastic performances, the host for Mnet's "Kingdom: Legendary War" finale, TVXQ's Changmin, went on to announce the overall winner of "Kingdom," which is none other than JYP Entertainment's Stray Kids.

The final rankings Mnet's "Kingdom: Legendary War" being:

#6 SF9

#5 IKON

#4 BTOB

#3 ATEEZ

#2 THE BOYZ

#1 Stray Kids

Congratulations to JYP Entertainment's Stray Kids! STAYs are proud of you!

Like us and Follow us
© 2022 Korea Portal, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Editor's Pick

BTS Member RM Arrives in New York

BTS RM

Nov 22, 2022 AM EST - Serena Martinez

Connect with us : facebook twitter google rss

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Don't Miss

K-WAVE - Dec 31, 1969 PM EST - Serena Martinez

BTS Member Jin Gets His Second Melon Weekly Top Artist Trophy

K-WAVE - Dec 31, 1969 PM EST - Serena Martinez

You Must Try the Korean Ssamjang Pasta

Real Time Analytics