The Best Moments At The 2021 Golden Disc Awards
It has been like no other weekend when the Korean music industry conducted the two-day Golden Disc Awards, now on its 35th edition. It has concluded, with several K-Pop artists clinching the major awards and showcasing their best looks on the red carpet.
Let's re-live the best moments at the 2021 Golden Disc Awards.
Tomorrow X Together, otherwise known as TXT, rocked the red carpet with their minimalist, black and white, Scottish national costume-inspired fashion, featuring trousers and skirts. They also paired these with face masks in adherence to the health protocols during the event.
Meanwhile, TWICE donned their vintage, sheer shirts, and skirts that flaunted their legs without getting too revealing, and with their face masks. The fans loved their look, especially their high heels.
@Twicelifetw posted on Twitter, "Mina with that purple color on the ends of her hair! They all look stunning."
NCT 127 were dapper in their silk, black, and grey suits and pants with face masks, of course.
"Smile Flower" singers SEVENTEEN, on the other hand, chose to wear stunning black outfits, with others wearing long coats.
(G)I-DLE members were also wearing black, yet more stylish with the cuts of the fabric, plus beautiful accessories like belts, boots, and the off-the-shoulder look.
Stray Kids broke the norm with their Japanese samurai-inspired outfits.
BTS did not disappoint, whose members actually blended well despite the diversity of their looks. However, what surprised fans the most was Jungkook debuting his new blonde hair.
There were several performances during the 35th Golden Disc Awards. They include the heart-warming piano performance of Jong Hwa Park that opened the night, that of 10-year-old Jichan Park, The Boyz, LOONA, ITZY, and so much more.
Here is the list of the winners at the 2021 Golden Disc Awards:
1. Next Generation Artist Award - LOONA
2. Next Generation Artist Award - THE BOYZ
3. Bonsang Award - BLACKPINK
4. Bonsang Award - MAMAMOO's Hwasa
5. Golden Choice Award - NU'EST
6. Best R&B HIPHOP Award - CHANGMO
7. Bonsang Award - ITZY
8. Bonsang Award - Red Velvet
9. Trend of the Year - ZICO
10. Best Trot Award - Lim Young Woong
11. Best Group Award - MONSTA X
12. Bonsang Award - OH MY GIRL
13. Bonsang Award - ZICO
14. Bonsang Award - Noel
15. Bonsang Award - MAMAMOO
16. Best Solo Artist Award - Jessi
17. Best Ballad Award - Lee Seung Gi
18. Bonsang Award - IU
19. Bonsang Award - BTS
20. Daesang - IU's "Blueming"
21. Daesang Best Album - BTS with "Map Of The Soul: 7"
22. Bonsang Award Album - BLACKPINK, SEVENTEEN, EXO, NCT 127, TWICE, GOT7, BTS, TXT, Baekhyun, and NCT
23. QQ Music Fans' Choice - EXO.
24. Curaprox Popularity Award - BTS.
25. Best female performance - (G) I-DLE.
26. Best Male Performance - Stray Kids.
27. Best Drama OST - Jo Jung Suk with the theme Aloha for K-Drama "Hospital Playlist"
28. Cosmopolitan Artist - NCT 127, and more
The Digital Song Division was hosted by Park So-dam and Lee Seung-gi, while the Album Division was hosted by Lee Da-hee and Sung Si-kyung.