EDITION : English/Korean


ATEEZ, Stray Kids, and The Boyz Joined The Lineup For 'Kingdom'

by John David / Dec 07, 2020 11:16 PM EST
ATEEZ, The Boyz, and Stray Kids performed in 2020 MAMA

Mnet officially confirmed that ATEEZ, Stray Kids, and The Boyz had joined the lineup for 'Kingdom.'

Recently, the three groups showed a teaser of their upcoming appearance on the idol competition show Kingdom. They joined forces for an exceptional collaboration performance at the 2020 Mnet Asian Music Awards.

Stray Kids' Hyunjin, ATEEZ's San, and The Boyz's Juyeon went on the stage and danced around the shining crown as if they are fighting for the throne. 

Just after their, Mnet announced that Kingdom, which is the highlight of waited the second season of Queendom, is on works and coming soon.

A male version of 'Queendom'

Following the massive success of Queendom back in 2019, Mnet announced that they would launch a male version of the competition show, which will be entitled Kingdom. Moreover, unlike Queendom, the male version will kick off a preliminary season called Road to Kingdom.

Seven males from the different groups will vie for a spot on the final lineup of Kingdom. The production aired the program earlier this year which The Boyz emerged as the final winner of the show.

Mnet preparing for the first episode on 2021

The competition show Kingdom is scheduled to air in the first half of 2021. Also, some news outlet previously recorded the show is currently preparing for filming. A source from Mnet commented that they are casting artists for the show.

The goal of airing the first episode is in February of 2021. However, the exact details of the filming and broadcast have not been decided.

The production will determine the show's winner by a combination of votes during the final live broadcast. The scores are gathered from competition rounds one to three, their video's cumulative views on the Mnet's YouTube channel and Naver TV accounts.

Votes from the international fans through the app Whosfan will account for 30 percent of the live broadcast score, while the domestic votes account for the remaining 70 percent.

Like us and Follow us
© 2024 Korea Portal, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Editor's Pick

BLACKPINK Rosé Hinted Group’s Contract Renewal


May 18, 2023 PM EDT - Serena Martinez

IU’s Agency Releases Statement on Plagiarism Accusations


May 12, 2023 AM EDT - Serena Martinez

BTS Member RM Posts a Personal Update to Fans

RM from BTS

May 08, 2023 AM EDT - Serena Martinez

Connect with us : facebook twitter google rss

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Don't Miss

Real Time Analytics