EDITION : English/Korean


Android Oreo Is Available On Below 1% Devices According To Latest Report

by Harsh Soni / Dec 15, 2017 10:29 AM EST
Android 8.0 Oreo

According to latest reports, the Android Oreo is presently available on the less than 1% of devices. However, the Google has also rolled out Android 8.1 Oreo to Pixel and Nexus devices.

The latest Android distribution numbers are out on the Google's Developer website. According to these, Android Oreo is growing but not at a pace Google is likely to have wanted it to. Other OS versions too have gained their share by a few points. The search giant has not yet revealed the Android 8.1 Oreo numbers on the chart. We are expecting it to arrive in January 2018's Android distribution table.

According to the table, Android 8.0 Oreo is running on less than 1% of all the Android smartphones. The OS version takes up only 0.5% of the total share, which is a slight increase from 0.3% as compared to last month.

Android Nougat 7.0 and 7.1 are at 19.3% and 4% respectively, together taking 23.3% of the total share. This has also increased from last month's 20.6% share. Android 6.0 Marshmallow has hit 29.7% share, which is a drop from 30.9% from last month.

Like the Marshmallow version, Android Lollipop has also seen a slight drop from November 2017's 27.2% to this month's 26.3%. It is likely to go down in future as Oreo and Nougat take up more share over time, as reported by Gadgets Now.

Similarly, Android 4.4 KitKat slid from 13.8% to 13.4% this month, while Android Jelly Bean came from 6.2% to 5.9%. Interestingly, Android Ice Cream Sandwich stays intact at 0.5%, while Android Gingerbread comes down by 0.1% to 0.5%.

It is worth adding that Google has already started rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo to Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices. The OS version's rollout was announced a few days ago alongside the launch of Android Oreo (Go Edition), which made for budget smartphones aims to eliminate the issue of Android fragmentation.

Like us and Follow us
© 2019 Korea Portal, All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Connect with us : facebook twitter google rss

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Don't Miss

Real Time Analytics